HALLOWEEN CONTEST RULES12 October 2020 08:40
NO TRICKS JUST TREATS
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No Tricks Just Treats (the “Contest”) is governed by the Contest Rules. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to the Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
The prize for the Contest is intended for children and adults from aged 8 to 99 years old.
- Who Can Enter. The Contest is open to any Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada residing in Québec who has reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Individuals associated with the Contest, including employees of QuadReal Property Group Limited Partnership (“QuadReal”) Marché Central, Party Expert, Mr.Puffs (collectively, the “Contest Partners”) and [tenants and occupants of the shopping centre known as “Marché Central”], and any of their subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, promotional and marketing agencies, and any member of the immediate families of any of the foregoing and other individuals with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Children aged 8 – 17 who, together with their parents and legal guardians, otherwise meet the eligibility criteria in this Section 1 will be permitted to enter the Contest with the prior written consent of the entering child’s parent or legal guardian, and be eligible to win the Prize (as defined in Section 4). In no case will a minor be declared a winner without the Release (as defined in Section 6) signed and delivered by the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins on October 12, 2020 at 09:00 a.m. (EST) and closes on October 22, 2020 at 04:00 p.m. (EST) (the "Contest Period").
- How to Enter. During the Contest Period, the entrant will enter the Contest online at Instagram and Facebook @lemarchecentral by following us, liking our post, tagging a friend. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address permitted during the Contest Period. Any person who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or uses any device or software to enter multiple times in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at QuadReal’s sole discretion.
- Contest Prizes. There will be fifty prizes available to be won. Each prize (a “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”) will consist A mystery box containing a set of Halloween stickers (Party Expert), a set of Cat & Pumpkin Paper Straws (Party Expert), a $100 gift card (Marché Central), a bag of candy (Marché Central), a coupon for a box of 12 puffs (Mr.puffs). Each Prize has an approximate value of $132 (C$132). Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Official Entry Forms received in accordance with these Contest Rules.
- Prize Conditions. The following other conditions apply to the Prizes:
- Any costs associated with the Prizes are the responsibility of the Winners.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made.
- Prizes may not be sold, bartered, transferred or assigned, and is non-refundable. Prizes are not convertible to cash.
- Any unused or unclaimed portion of Prizes will be forfeited and have no cash value.
- The Contest Partners make no warranties, express or implied, as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of the Prizes, and do not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
- QuadReal reserves the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or price component of equal or greater value of the prize or prize component cannot be awarded for any reason.
How to Win. All eligible Official Entry Forms will be entered into a random draw on or about October 23, 2020 from which fifty entrants will be drawn and be eligible to be winners (each a “Selected Entrant”). QuadReal will attempt to contact the Selected Entrants within three business days of the contest draw (the “Contact Date”), by Instagram and Facebook direct message at QuadReal’s sole discretion, using the information provided by that Selected Entrant. Proof of identification must be provided by the Selected Entrant and their parent or legal guardian (if under the age of majority in their province of residence) upon QuadReal’s request.
In order to be declared as a winner in the Contest (each a “Winner”), a Selected Entrant must:
- have complied with and remain in compliance with the Contest Rules;
- correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question; and
- complete and return to QuadReal within seven days of receipt, a standard declaration, indemnity and release form (the “Release”) executed by the Selected Entrant, confirming understanding and compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize as awarded, and providing a release in a form satisfactory to QuadReal, releasing the Contest Partners and their respective entities, of all liability arising out of the Contest, including without limitation, the selection of any Winner, the administration of the Contest, and the acceptance or the use of the Prize as awarded.
If a Selected Entrant cannot be reached by the Contact Date for any reason, including, but not limited to, the fact that a Selected Entrant did not provide a functioning e-mail address or valid telephone number, or if that Selected Entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may conduct another draw where one Official Entry Form will be drawn at random from among all remaining eligible Entry received in accordance with the Contest Rules. QuadReal will attempt to contact the new Selected Entrant within three business days of the time at which such Selected Entrant was selected, by email or telephone, and subject to the same conditions as set out in the Contest Rules. No communication will be entered into except with the Selected Entrants.
- Consent and License. By entering the Contest, each Winner consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, statements and/or likeness, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law, in any publicity or advertising in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity carried by or on behalf of Contest Partners and/or their agencies and affiliates or agents.
- QuadReal reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, close, suspend, reinstate or amend in whole or in part, the Contest at any time without prior notice for any reason whatsoever.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually and which changes shall be posted at this webpage.
- Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site (each a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to QuadReal and not to any Third Party Service.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant automatically releases each of the Releasees (as defined in Section 9) and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest from any and all liability arising in any manner out of the Contest, including without limitation, the selection of any Winner, the administration of the Contest, and the acceptance or the use of any or all of the Prize as awarded.
- All decisions by QuadReal with respect to all aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. All entrants agree to abide by all the instructions and decisions of QuadReal. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the Contest Rules or any decision rendered by QuadReal, the decision or interpretation of QuadReal shall prevail.
- Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, to interfere with the Contest or the Contest Rules, to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Partners reserve the right to seek damages or other relief or both from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests by the Contest Partners.
- The Releasees are not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Releasees are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing the Site, entering the Contest or downloading information in connection with the Contest.
- The Contest Partners do not assume responsibility of any nature whatsoever in cases where the inability to hold the Contest results from any event beyond the reasonable control of Contest Partners, including without limitation, any act of God, any strike, lock-out or other labour conflict, war, act of terror, or should a virus, worm, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Partners corrupt the security, data integrity, or proper administration of the Contest.
- No Liability of Releasees.
- None of the Contest Partners, their affiliated entities or their respective associates, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Service, (collectively, the “Releasees”) are responsible for any negligence, claims, costs, liability, injury up to and including death, property loss or other damage to entrants or the Winners arising from or in connection with the acceptance, redemption or use/misuse of any Prize or participation in the Contest. Each Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the Prize including, without limitation, any illness, allergic reaction or any other adverse condition.
- The Releasees shall not be responsible for failed or interrupted network connections or other mechanical or technical problems, however caused, (including a system or technical malfunction). The Releasees shall have no liability for any failure, interruption, delay, error or omission of the Site or QuadReal websites or features on such websites during the Contest, for any problems related to such websites or the Site, including mechanical or technical malfunction of, or damage to, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, for failure of any email to be received, or registration or enrolment to be processed, by QuadReal for any reason, for damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer, or for breaches of privacy for any reason beyond the control of the Releasees, including interference by third party computer "hackers".
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void outside Canada or where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Québec and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any Prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the Province of Québec.
- Severability. If any provision of these Contest Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall, to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Contest Rules, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and each provision of the Contest Rules shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law and be independent of every other provision of the Contest Rules.
Winners. For a list of Winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope requesting the winner’s name on or before November 06, 2020 to QuadReal Property Group Limited Partnership, Marché Central, 9197 Boulevard de l’Acadie, MONTREAL, QUEBEC, H4N 3K1,
 To comply with applicable law, the contest rules must provide adequate and fair disclosure of the number and value of the prizes and any other information within the knowledge of the contest sponsor that would affect materially the chances of winning a prize. Legal counsel can be consulted to determine whether the estimate of the prize value and chances of winning comply with applicable law.